This IP implements bumpless Ethernet connectivity ensuring zero-delay recovery time in case of network failure and no-frame lost. The IP supports version 3 of High-availability Seamless Redundancy (HSR) and Parallel Redundancy Protocol (PRP) with redundant IEEE 1588-2008. The flexibility and scalability of this IP offers optimized solutions for cost-sensitive CPU-less equipments and for high-end complex MPSoC based networking platforms.
It is a flexible solution for the Energy Market Equipment that will be connected to HSR rings, PRP Lans, or will work as Network bridges in the context of IEC 61850.
- Full-duplex 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet Interfaces
- MII/RMII/GMII/RGMII/SGMII/QSGMII Physical Layer device (PHY) interfaces
- Different data rate supported for each port
- Copper and Fiber optic media interfaces: 10/100/1000Base-T, 100Base-FX, 1000Base-X
- It switches frames by hardware. This feature offers high switching speeds, needed to fulfill the Maximum Allowed Age and Data Integrity set for Process Bus and Inter-bay Bus in Electric Substation Automation
- The processing architecture has been designed specifically for HSR/PRP. Forwarding latencies in range of 500ns for Gigabit Ethernet
- It is an all-hardware. There is no need for on-chip microprocessor nor software stack
- It has been optimized to require few logic resources in order to allow the implementation on low-cost FPGA devices
- Jumbo Frame Management
- It supports IEEE 1588-2008 v2 combined with SoC-e 1588 IP cores
- It can be used to implement End-Node DAN, RedBox or QuadBox functionalities
- It has been provided with a single flag that switches between PRP and HSR modes by software
- It includes complete statistics and error registers for each port integrated (Network Supervision)
- Supported HSR modes: H, N, T, U,X
- Supported PRP modes: Duplicates Discard, Duplicates Accept
- HSR-HSR, HSR-PRP supported modes for seamless PRP-HSR networks merging and Quadbox operation
- VLAN support and HSR Rings ID
- SMNP and MIB Table available
- MDIO, UART, AXI4-Lite or CoE (Configuration-over-ethernet) management interfaces
- Configuration-over-Ethernet (COE): Full access to internal registers through the same Ethernet link that connects to the CPU
- Drivers are provided with IP Core purchase
- 6-Series (Spartan, Virtex)
- 7-Series (Zynq, Spartan, Artix, Kintex, Virtex)
- Ultrascale (Kintex, Virtex)
- Ultrascale+ (Zynq MPSoC, Kintex, Virtex)
Embedded Development Suite
A hardware development platform is available. Latest documentation, design support ﬁles, reference design source ﬁles and tools are available for download free of charge.
* Device supported by the free Xilinx Vivado WebPACK tool.
Pricing, Availability and Ordering
- Concurrent EDA is the US Distributor for SoC-e.
- Currently Available to US customers only.